Friday 3 October 2014

Just thoughts...

Heeeeey! :D

I thought I'd just make a blog post (because I can) and just talk about life. I've never really know what type of blog I have, since I kind of have a mishmash of quite a few things - from reviews to favourites of the month to mental disorders and stuff. I've kind of decided to refer to my blog as a "thoughts" blog, as all I ever seem to write down are my little daydreams and opinions (on just about everything!). 
That's all I'm really going to do in this blog post, because I can't really think of anything else, and this is my blog and I am free to write whatever I like (err - to an extent!). 

I have had a good week (with the extent of a few typical teenage dramas... but that's only natural, right?). Sometimes I wonder if I wrote down certain conversations I've had with my friends, went back in time and then showed these conversations to my 10 year old self, what I would think of them. What I really mean by this: some of the things I have gone through and have helped other people through - is it really normal to have gone through them at 14? I feel like some of the issues we (my friends an I) have faced are probably more common in 17-year-olds. There have been a lot of things going in recently that I cannot speak of for privacy reasons, but I feel as if these things should not be concerning us at this age. 

Oh well, we're dealing with them okay, I guess. Today a few of my friends and I went to the park after school and rolled around in leaves (not a good look when you have extremely long hair - I've got some super sexy shots of my friends saved on my phone). We kind of did an ironic photo-shoot by taking loads of pictures with one of us taking pictures on their phone and the others chucking crackling brown leaves over the person's hair. I will not include pictures as I don't feel my friends would appreciate that too much... 

My second favourite part of the day was when I got home and just pigged out on chocolate (Turkish Delight chocolate forever!) and read my new Shout magazine. Shout is probably my favourite magazine at the moment due to the YouTuber articles that I love so much. My favourites have to be the Zoe (Zoella) and Louise (Sprinkleofglitter) articles. I especially liked the interview they did a few months ago in which they gave advice to the readers, as they had really great responses and discussed how to deal with haters in a very mature manner. I also found the danisnotonfire poster they had in a previous issue very amusing, and it takes up around 20% of my bedroom wall.... Seriously, the size is scary.
Anyywaayyy... I would definitely recommend you buy the October issue if you are dying to read Zoe's new book "Girl Online", as it includes a HUGE extract from that! The article has just made me EVEN MORE EXCITED (if that is even possible!!). 

*removes one exclamation mark from sentence so I don't sound insane*

I like how it includes a great deal of how the main character is dealing with the effects of anxiety, due to the fact that (as I have mentioned before) I struggle with social anxiety myself, and it is just really nice to be able to relate to other people with the same problem.


*cue typical talent show sob story music*
*sniffs and wipes tear away with the back of my hand*

...Seriously though, I am so thankful to have someone to look up to who suffers just as I do (as well as someone who reminds me that I am not just crazy,or rude, as I am called sometimes after trying to escape social situations that scare the hell out of me). 
Not only this, but just in case I didn't love the story enough already (without even having read the book yet), I also love the fact that the story is told in the form of blog posts. I think it's a really sweet and inventive style for the story to be told in. Also, the blog is anonymous, so there isn't any holding back Penny's (the main character's) thoughts and opinions.

I am also really looking forward to next week as we have a day off on Thursday, and a couple of my friends and I have arranged to go to the Harry Potter Studios - YAY!! This is my second time, and I am really looking forward to it as I loved it the last time. I have never read the Harry Potter books, although I have watched all the movies (which is a crime, as I am so often reminded by my friends). To celebrate though, I have decided to start reading them - partly because I have kind of always wanted to (although I feel I have missed the Harry Potter generation) and partly to shut my friends up... I am partway through the first book at the moment and it is pretty cool, although I feel like I would have to be a child growing up with the trilogy to fully appreciate it. 

Sooo yeah. That's an insight to my day and a brief summary of my week. How was yours? Comment below :)
Lucy x

1 comment:

  1. That book you're talking about sounds cool. I read a book similar to the way that one was made, except this one was made in the form of notes and recordings of the main character. It's called Flowers for Aljernon or something like that. I have officially destroyed that book in my mind for it brought too much sadness. (I don't cry at books usually, but for this one I did.) If you plan on reading this book to the end then get your tissues ready.

    ReplyDelete