Sunday 26 October 2014

BUSY life update (ft. plaits and shopping)

Happy holidays! :)


*hides so that no one will have a go at me for not posting in 8 DAYS*

Actually, to be honest, I don't really expect anyone to really take notice of how often I post blog entries - I just really hate it when I get into the habit of simply not posting. But, as you can tell from the title of this blog post, I have been very occupied for the past week, mostly by coursework that I have been catching up on and stuff. I really hate falling behind with work as it makes me feel really powerless and trapped in an awful cycle of having-too-much-to-do-and-not-enough-time-to-do-it. In the end, I decided to bring some work to do over the holidays, which is hardly ideal, but I really have no other option. I don't really mind though, as it is only Media Studies, a subject that I find very interesting, and not anything particularly tedious.

Apart from that, starting from Friday evening, I have just been enjoying the freedom of the holidays. Friday evening was spent in my Pikachu onesie, watching a kiddy movie with my brother and eating (probably a bit too many) Haribos. I then spent most of Saturday sleeping before staying the night at my friend's house, along with another one of of my friends who was also staying the night. There's not really much to talk about as we didn't really get up to much (apart from eating and just talking - we do a lot of talking!). One thing that I do want to share with you though is the AWESOME Elsa-from-Frozen type plait my friend did on me. Take a look for yourself:

PhotoPhotoPhoto
The pictures aren't fantastic because a) they were taken a long time after my friend actually plaited my hair and b) I took them myself!
The only problem with people doing hairstyles like this on me is that I REALLY like them and then make the frustrating discovery that I cannot do them on myself.
Oh well, at least I managed to take a few pictures before it all falls apart! I already had to fix it once and I doubt I could do it again. 

Another thing that happened at my friend's house is that we played Rock Band on her XBox. The result of this was me failing disastrously to sing "That's What You Get" by Paramore, which was an awful idea because I was on microphone and although I definitely knew all of the words, I definitely cannot sing to pop punk music - I feel like writing a personal apology to Hayley Williams for ruining the band's song... My drumming certainly wasn't any better, though I will not even try to describe my flailing mess to you.

Having spent a week not posting, I have come to the conclusion that I would like to write more advice-style blog posts. I'm not sure exactly what to write yet, but I have a few ideas that I could try to put together for a blog post. 
Another thing I have also been meaning to post is the results of the shopping trip I went on last week with my friend and my sister. Sooo yeah, voilĂ :
My new jumper (H&M) which I think is awesome and actually makes me feel a lot like Tris Prior when she is wearing Tobias's jumper in Divergent (it is darker in real life than in the picture)

And, of course, Baby Lips... seriously, I think I am developing an addiction!! (ft. awkward desk lamp lighting)

The green Baby Lips may look really odd, but is doesn't actually show up as green and is actually clear and smells amazingly of mint. I think it is one of my favourites (obviously I cannot pick one favourite, there are just TOO MANY). 
This is what I have been reduced to, people. Seriously.

Tomorrow is my mum's birthday and, randomly enough, the release date for Taylor Swift's new album, 1989 (totally pre-ordered it).
I find it so odd that people have been going mad over the whole "IF YOU LEAK 1989 YOU ARE NOT A TRUE SWIFTIE" thing. Can't people just wait a few days for the album to be released?? I understand the temptation to listen to the album before anyone else (I SERIOUSLY DO), but really? I don't understand people sometimes.

So that is my life at the moment :) Hopefully I will bring a more structured blog entry to you soon (again, I really hope it is an advice post!).

Speak to you soon, 
Lucy x


4 comments:

  1. You blog a heck of a lot more often than me :)
    I love that jumper, and am in need of it!!!
    I hate catching up on homework too. As I mentioned in my latest post, I'm going on holiday on Thursday and am missing a week of school. So I've ended up asking each of my teachers for homework. So far, I've only done 1.5 out of 6, oh God! But then you have the teachers who just say, you can catch up when you get back! No, the whole point of me asking you is so I don't have to catch up when I get back!
    Anyway, glad you're enjoying your holiday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could miss a week of school, but then there is the avalanche of homework... Good luck!
      You too :D

      Delete
    2. The avalanche of homework is manageable, at the moment. It's just all the work I'll be returning to I'm worrying about. I may be in need of that luck :)
      I saw this in my subscriptions box, and thought it might be useful for your halloween costume :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNzVu7U9HZs
      Hope it's helpful
      Eve

      Delete
  2. Hey! I've nominated you for the One Lovely Blog award in my latest post! :) http://ohemgeeitsmaya.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/one-lovely-blog-award.html
    Maya x

    ReplyDelete