Saturday 23 August 2014

Skincare and Acne

After one of my previous posts on "Body Image", I had a question linked to my skincare routine and product recommendations for those suffering who may be suffering from acne. Although I used to have quite a few problems with my skin, I have to say that I have never suffered with the severe kind of acne that I know others have to deal with. I would also like to add that I have next to no knowledge on skincare, so don't expect anything outstanding. 
Nevertheless, these are the products I recommend if you have skin like mine:


Photo
Anti-spot Exfoliating Scrub
Brand: Garnier

This scrub is really good at cleaning out your pores, therefore leaving you with less blackheads and spots. It protects your skin against the re-appearance of spots and fade imperfection marks (apparently). 

The back of the container reads:
Garnier PureActive Intensive is a range of concentrated formulae specifically developed and tested for oily to spot-prone skin.

Photo
Pore Minimising Toning Cleanser
Brand: Simple

I'm not overly sure what a "toning cleanser" is because I'm not that educated on skin care, I just like the products that I use! Apparently this is supposed to shrink and clean out pores. I recommend Simple if you have sensitive skin, as it tends not to dry it out. 

Back of the container reads:
Our Pore Minimising Toning Cleanser is a perfect blend of multi-vitamins, skin loving ingredients and gentle cleaners to help reduce the size of pores. Leaves your skin feeling refreshed and clarified. Perfect even for sensitive skin. 

Clear Skin Oil Balancing Moisturiser 
Brand: Simple

I find this useful if you have been out in the sun and maybe your skin is a bit sunburnt or has just become quite dry. 

Back of container reads:
Our Oil Balancing Moisturiser is a perfect blend of active ingredients and zinc PCA goodness to eliminate shine and maintain moisture levels. Perfect even for sensitive skin. 

Freederm Oil-Free Perfecting Moisturiser

I love using this product as quite a few moisturisers give me spots, while this one does not. 

Back of the container reads:
Freederm Oil-Free Perfect Moisturiser is specially formulated by experts to hydrate and moisturise those areas of the face that need it most. At the same time, it acts on spot-prone skin to help combat blemishes. 

Photo
Freederm gel

This is my absolutely essential product as it is so effective and works extremely fast to get rid of spots. I've tried using other brands of spot cream, though they are not as good as this. I would also like to point out that this is designed so that it can deal with acne!
You probably won't see the tube sold outside of the box, so I have included the box so that you will spot it easily when out shopping. 

Writing on back of box reads:
A cooling translucent, fragrance-free topical gel containing nicotinamide - a proven anti-inflammatory treatment for mild to moderate inflamed acne spots and pimples in all age groups.

That's the end of my skincare post - I hope you found it useful! I would like to point out that I use all of these products everyday apart from the Freederm gel, which I tend to only use before I go to bed. You can also find Freederm and Simple face washes in stores such as Boots and Superdrug, both of which I have tried in the past, though I personally prefer the Garnier one I use. 

Remember to give me suggestions for future posts if you can think of any, as I have recently been trying to experiment with the type of content I post. I can do anything from rants to hauls - I don't mind!

Speak to you soon,
Lucy x

4 comments:

  1. I love simple products, they have helped me so much!
    I would love to stay in touch with you, so if you want to follow each other on google (GFC) and bloglovin, please let me know! x
    Beataba.blogspot.com ❃

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've tried quite a few of these products out before, like the freederm products and I really liked them too!

    http://wonderfulandweirdbeautyandlife.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great products ! Love Simple

    fruityandpassion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete