Tuesday 12 August 2014

What I am listening to - August 2014

Heeeey :)

Today I wanted to show you guys the music I have been listening to recently. I haven't written anything like this before and I'm not really sure whether this is a review exactly, but here it goes... 

head or heart, by Christina Perri 
I wanted to start with Christina Perri's album because I absolutely love her music. I find all the songs on "head or heart" so beautiful, and I feel so strongly about everything she writes. I adore the way the emotion in her voice builds throughout the song, and the way she can portray so many different emotions so perfectly, making you feel them all at once without knowing the story that inspired the song. I enjoy this aspect of her songs, as it makes it interesting to invent stories for each of the songs starring different types of people in different types of situations. Nevertheless, I don't recommend listening to many of the songs on this album if you would prefer to listen to something upbeat. Here is the music video to one of my favourite songs on the album - Human:


X, by Ed Sheeran
On this album, I find the variety between some of the newer and edgier style songs and those that are more similar to some of Ed's older ones extremely interesting. For instance, the difference between Sing and Photograph is quite large in many ways. For instance, Sing has a fairly fast tempo with quite a bit of rapping, which I don't mind, although I am not a big fan, and Photograph is a reasonably slow, soft song (possibly my favourite on the album). This demonstrates just how versatile Ed Sheeran's voice and song-writing is, which is brilliant, although I personally prefer the songs that bare more resemblance to the songs in +. Here is the audio for Photograph:



Happy Little Pill, by Troye Sivan
I am a massive fan of Troye Sivan, as well as his music, and was absolutely amazed and SO EXCITED when this song was finally released after Troye had been releasing teasers for so long. His voice suits the style of song so well, both of them so mallow and solemn.  
Also, THE VIDEO WAS JUST RELEASED!


Voodoo Doll, by 5 Seconds of Summer
Although this song has not been officially released, I love going onto YouTube and listening to it. It just goes to show how great 5SOS are live (I can confirm this after having seen them perform live earlier this year). 


That's it for today's blog entry - I hope you liked it! Don't forget to follow me on blogger as well as bloglovin so you know when I release more blog entries such as these, and tell me what you think of my blog so far and recommend some music for me down in the comments :) 

Speak to you soon,
Lucy x




No comments:

Post a Comment