Wednesday 20 August 2014

Kimonos and stuff

Hey guys! *yawn*

So today I had to get up at 7am to go to the orthodontist (now it is 9:43pm) and I am EXHAUSTED. This is quite worrying, seeing as that is the time I usually have to get up at on a school day, and school is only a few weeks away. I'm not sure how I'm going to survive - it will be like jetlag all over again. Eeew, no, let's talk about something else!

Today I went shopping and found this AWESOME kimono in New Look that I wanted to show you guys. Since kimonos have come into fashion I have loved them but have not bought one until now (not that I won't be wearing them when they go out of fashion). I'm not sure I can form proper sentences right now, so I'll just show you a picture:


Photo

I am aware that this isn't the best or most professional looking photo - but isn't it cool? The fabric is so lovely and soft, but it is also very thin, and I am afraid that I will be careless and rip it. Apparently they sell some nice kimonos in TK Maxx as well (I think the shop name is different in America), so I will be looking out for them there too.

Unfortunately, after kimono shopping, I had to go shopping for school shoes which I think is the most tedious thing ever, as I don't find shoes particularly interesting and I have really small feet that seem to constantly make shoe shopping difficult.
What I'm basically saying is that I was the only teenager sitting in the children's range trying on kids shoes *shudders due to a sudden cringe attack*.  Am I the only one with this problem? 
Ans: Probably.

Also, today I watched the Divergent movie for the 5th or 6th time with my friend who came round who is also in love with the series and the movie. I don't seem to have gotten tired of watching it yet, and can basically chorus loads of the lines along with the characters now. When the movie first came out, I remember watching it multiple times and was so excited for the DVD to be released. I would highly recommend the books and the movie (along with the next one that is yet to be released called "Insurgent") if you enjoy storylines that:

1) Star an incredibly strong, brave female character (although there is definitely a strong, brave male too)
2) Are set in dystopian universes that feature new and intriguing futuristic struggles.
3) Include lots of action with extremely sassy and bad-ass characters!


People often compare it to The Hunger Games (as people seem to do so dismissively these days), and I have to say, I do see some resemblances with the attitude of the stories' villains and a few of the training strategies, but the whole plot of the movie is SO different from The Hunger Games. Also, most of the main characters bare almost no resemblance to those in The Hunger Games (trust me, I know my own fandoms here). However, I suppose most people do this because of the strong female character, Tris.
Not that The Hunger Games is a bad thing to be compared to, I adore The Hunger Games! It's just that they are not the same. 

If you enjoy reading my blog or just like kimonos or Divergent, remember to follow me on Blogger or Bloglovin :) 
...I need to publish this before I fall asleep at the computer desk.

Speak to you soon, 
Lucy x

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I know :D I am so in love with it that I bought another one the other day, I think I am developing some kind of kimono addiction!

      Delete