Thursday 28 August 2014

Pikachu and Punk edits

I know I haven't posted anything in a few days, and that's because I went round my friend's house for two nights and haven't had any time for blogging.
Something I am really happy about at the moment is the fact that it is now cold enough in England to wear onesies! Despite the inconvenience of needing to pee in the night while wearing one, I am slightly in love with them. I mean, just look at my one: 


(I look especially pale because I was in a tent sometime in the evening - luckily I was still cosy and warm!)

Yup, I have a PIKACHU ONESIE. 
It has a tail and everything! Ever since I was a kid I have loved Pokemon, and I suppose I am no different now. Will I ever grow out of Pokemon? 
Ans: Probably not - but I see nothing wrong with that!

In fact, while I was on holiday in New York, we stumbled across a Nintendo shop where I found all of these:

PhotoPhoto

This is just a small insight to how many Pokemon toys they had. Unfortunately, I have not been able to purchase the newest Pokemon DS games, as I do not have the right kind of DS (they insist on only using the 3D ones now), so I didn't know many of the Pokemon stacked on the shelves. I didn't mind though: they still had Pikachu! 
Photo
(it's sooo cuuuute!!)

The other thing I wanted to mention is something that I find really awesome, which is punk edits. 
(If you don't know what a punk edit is, it is when people - typically celebrities - are photoshopped to look like punk-rockers)
For a while now, I have found the idea of punk-ifying yourself so cool. I am probably the last person to actually be considered a "punk" (I personally find the music way too intense), but I have been thinking about what I would look like as a punk edit for a while now, and watching Connor Franta and Joey Graceffa's punk edit videos (as well as Marcus Butler's) made me really want to try out the look on myself. Obviously I know that there is so much more to a punk than just dressing the part, it's just that I really like dressing up and this sounds SO FUN
I just REALLY want to get my hands on some temporary tattoos and clip-on piercings right now. I'm not really sure what I would do with my hair or what colour hair chalk I would use - my hair is so long that the idea of styling it sounds really challenging! I would probably just settle with some red hair spray left over from Red Nose Day :P
Now I am just waiting for Alfie (PointlessBlog) and Zoe (Zoella) to make their punk-edit video(s). I can't wait! I hope this turns into a popular tag.

Connor Franta, Joey Graceffa and Marcus Butler's videos

Needless to say, with my obsession with dressing up, I am REALLY looking forward to Halloween this year! It is my favourite night of the year. My friends and I have had an idea for our costumes for months on end. I will keep you updated nearer the time! Unfortunately, over the past few years, we have been given a worrying amount weird looks while trick-or-treating as we are looking a lot more grown-up. We might have to cut down on the whole begging-for-sweets part of Halloween this year!

Tell me what you think of punk edits down in the comments :)
I will try to bring you a back-to-school style blog post soon. With school just being around the corner here in England (just one more week!!!), it's finally got me thinking about school supplies, and I now have some stuff coming in the post.

Speak to you soon,
Lucy x


(have a Pikachu for being awesome)

1 comment:

  1. OMG PIKACHU ONESIE!!!!!!!!!!!! ^_^

    http://kimchicakes2.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete