Sunday 5 July 2015

The Wheelbarrow - Descriptive Writing

This post is going to be very different from the content I usually post, as it is a piece of descriptive writing that I started in my last English lesson. Although I do very much enjoy writing, I've never shared a fiction piece on my blog, despite the fact that I have used wattpad many times in the past. I hope you enjoy :)

Sending the wheelbarrow hurtling over the cracked, uneven slabs of pavement, it was like looking at life in slow-motion. Everything seemed so vibrant, so bright, even on that grey winters day in the grimy, concrete street. I watched as Alice threw her back back over the side of the end of the red, rusted wheelbarrow in glee, her crazed laugh bringing an instant smile to my face, as it always did. Her cream bonnet almost flew off in the breeze, and she squealed, clapping her hand over her head, steadying herself by clinging to the edge with the other. Honey blonde curls escaped from her intricate, pin-up hairstyle, bouncing about her freckled face. Her emerald green eyes were gleaming, staring straight at me, making me feel as if everything else in the world was gone until there was only her. Everything about her seemed to glow, leaving me incapable of doing anything but basking in her light. 

I know it's a bit random. We had to look at a drawing called 'Blackstairs' by L.S. Lowrie and write descriptions of the different characters and their backgrounds. This one is of The Wheelbarrow Children - which I decided weren't just children, but lovers (because I literally need to ship everyone I see!). Looking at a higher-resolution version of the piece, I can see now that the people aren't anything like that (I have a feeling they might be a father and son), but it's too late now. I hope you like my writing anyway :)

Let me know if you'd like to see any more of my writing, because I actually tend to write a lot, haha. 

Speak to you soon, 
Lucy x

My latest YouTube video:

In memory of Hayley the guinea pig
? - 01/07/15


No comments:

Post a Comment