Friday 23 January 2015

The Story of My Hair

My blog is in no way a beauty blog, but today I wanted to share something with you, and hopefully I will get some kind of response :)

When I was starting Year 7 (and I was 11 years old!) I decided I would try to grow my hair out. 
Up until then, I had wavy mid-length(ish) hair - my hair would still be wavy now, but it is so heavy that it's just naturally straight!
But yeah, I don't really know what I was expecting when I decided to grow my hair out - knowing me, I probably wanted to look like Taylor Swift! 
But anyway, yeah... 3 years later, this is what my hair looks like:


My hair has been in this style for a very long time now, and recently I have been thinking about whether or not there is something else I can do with it, just to make it a little more interesting or whatever...
One of the main reasons for this blog post is that I am getting a haircut tomorrow (a very rare occasion if you're like me, and can never be bothered with the whole haircut thing) and I am wondering what I should do with my hair, how much I should cut off, etc.

I don't know. I feel like I should be a bit more adventurous with my hair just because I can. Most of my friends have experimented with their hair in the past with drastic cuts and dyes, but I have always been really cautious and backed away from any kind of change to do with my hair. 
This is mainly because of an unfortunate experience that took place when I was a kid in which I asked my mum if I could get my hair layered, and she decided to cut it herself using a tip she had learned off the internet. 

WARNING: If someone on the internet tells you to tie your hair in a high ponytail and take the chop, DON'T DO IT. 
Ugh - seriously, it was horrific. I even remember crying. 
Just no

So yeah, I've never really done anything with my hair. Our school doesn't allow us to dye our hair any colours that are too unnatural (e.g. blue), and my hair doesn't really suit many colours. 
When I was little, my hair was really blonde, but since then it's just been getting darker and darker, and I don't really think I would suit my old shade of blonde or anything. 
I also don't think my hair would look any good short - I could never pull of Zoella's beautiful, daring new look!

What's your opinion? Should I keep my hair (vaguely) the length that it is, or should I be daring and cut it a bit shorter? 
The only problem with my hair length is that it weighs a ton, meaning that it is practically impossible to style it into a ponytail!

I'm not exactly sure what this blog post was, but please tell me your opinion in the comments :)
Speak to you soon, 
Lucy x

No comments:

Post a Comment