Saturday 6 September 2014

Why am I laughing?!

Heeey :3 
In today's blog post I wanted to talk about a bad habit that I have and think I have always had: laughing in awkward situations. 

This tends to annoy quite a few people as no one else tends to laugh at the time. Here is a recent example of this when I COULD HAVE DIED...

(okay, maybe that's a slight over-exaggeration. Either way, here's the story:)

Earlier on this week I went to a drive-through zoo type thingy with my friend (for those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, we were basically driving through animal enclosures). 
We had only been in the zoo for around 10 minutes and had already passed the rhinos and some animals that looked like deer when we entered the bear enclosure.

 Photo

You may or may not see where this story is going at the moment. 
We had just come into what appeared to be the centre of the bear enclosure when the car shuddered to a halt, just ONE METRE AWAY FROM A SLEEPING BEAR!! 
My mum's car broke down just a few weeks ago, so I knew what was going on. 
Oh-my-gosh-oh-my-gosh-oh-my-gosh-oh-my-gosh, I kept thinking, though I was maintaining a straight face as my friend is pretty scared of bears and I didn't want to make her more panicky than she already was. If I was freaking out on the inside, what must have been through her head at that moment?
We established that we had broken down and my friend was in a bad state. I'm not really sure what was going through my head... I just know that I was laughing. 
"Oh my gosh haHAHAH this is a terrible place to break down! Why couldn't we have broken down somewhere else... HAHAHAHA"

I DON'T KNOW WHY I REACTED LIKE THAT. It wasn't funny! 
(Well, it sounds slightly more funny now I look back on the situation... but that's not the point!) 
I just really didn't want to have abandon the car and be left in the middle of the enclosure.
In the end, almost miraculously, the car started again (YAY!!!). We then continued to make our way through the rest of the animal enclosures, clinging to the hope that we would not make an unexpected stop in the tiger, lion or rhino enclosures (I wouldn't have minded the giraffes!). 

Cue sexy giraffe shots:
PhotoPhotoPhoto

Sorry, I got a bit distracted there - where was I..?
Oh yeah, I was still confused about the way I'd reacted.

I do this all the time, mostly in awkward silences when people are particularly angry, upset or moody (or all three).
For instance; recently I was at the park with my friend when she randomly fell off the swing and went flying. She fell quite badly (though she was alright in the end).
I suppose she expected me to be sympathetic, and I did try to be, though it didn't really have the desired effect as I was talking to her through giggles - needless to say, my reaction was unsatisfactory. 

In other words, although I am not the friend that will film you falling down the stairs, I will laugh an annoying amount before I help you up (even if I don't find it funny!). I think my friends have got used to my habit now, luckily.

Does anyone else have this problem? Or maybe you have another annoying habit that gets on yours and/or other people's nerves? Tell me down in the comments :)

The rest of the day was pretty awesome. I discovered that I was destined to become a sea lion and that they are my soul-animals (I LOVE THEM SO MUCH). The penguins were also quite cool. 

PhotoPhoto

Speak to you soon, 
Lucy x

Photo
I couldn't think of anywhere to put this but it looks pretty cool

Photo
SASSY TIGER
(#sweg)

No comments:

Post a Comment