Tuesday 16 September 2014

I LOVE AUTUMN

With everyone going back to school and moaning about the weather, I thought it was time for a post where I list everything I love about Autumn. I must warn you, Autumn is my favourite season! I understand that not everyone likes it, so some of the things on this list may not apply to you. So yeah... here we go!


Things I love about Autumn

  • The weather
I know people hate it when it starts to get colder, but I think it's really awesome. It's not too hot or too cold. I mean, if you're in a cold place, such as England, then it might be slightly too cold at some points, but would you rather be too hot or too cold? If you are too hot, there's nothing you can really do to cool down besides making sure you have air conditioning and not wearing too many layers. Whereas when it begins to get colder you are able to put more layers ON until you are warm and cosy (warm drinks and blankets also help!). And that brings us to our next bullet point...
  • Wearing Layers
I absolutely love layering my clothes in the Autumn and Winter. I think it's the cosiest, snuggest feeling ever when you have warm, fluffy layers on. I'd much rather be able to wear long sleeved tops and jumpers than shorts and vest tops. 
  • Jumpers
Jumpers have to be my favourite items of clothing - especially the really fluffy ones. 
Being a blogger sometimes makes me feel like I should focus on fashion more, although I am aware that I am not that kind of blogger (not that that's a bad thing, I follow many awesome fashion bloggers!). Despite this, I would love to give you guys an insight to my wardrobe this Autumn as most of my clothes are suited to the season. I don't know yet though, it's just an idea. 
  • Autumnal colours
These are the BEST. I adore deep oranges and berry reds as well as many other Autumnal colours, they are absolutely gorgeous. 
  • Autumn leaves
This one sounds really cliché, but the leaves turn the most beautiful colours in Autumn. I love that small space of time during Autumn, starting when the leaves start falling off the trees and ending when they go all mushy on the pavements (eew). Nevertheless, I find it really interesting how the leaves can be tons and tons of different shades up close when they all look the same from far away. And then you can jump in them! (oh my gosh I am such a child)
Having said this, every time I talk about Autumn leaves I am reminded on a poem I wrote in German last year called "Autumn Leaves", in which I attempt to sound pretentious in a language I don't understand. 
Let's not speak of that... 
  • HALLOWEEN
Anyone who knows me will know how excited I get about Halloween every year. I'm sad to say that I didn't do much last year because most of my friends were on holiday (BOOO), though we have planned something this year. This is something I would like to include on WhatTheFudge, so I will post about this at some point. 
The only thing that irks me about Halloween is that my age makes it difficult to trick or treat. This will make me sound like I am 7 years old, but there is something really magical about trick or treating that makes me love it to pieces (I am probably just high on sugar, but still). 
I remember one year we were so hyper that we started barking at a dog (who was barking at us first) from behind a fence on my friend's street, and when the dog's owner came out to shout at us, we hid behind her shed so that my friend - who had been telling us to shut up the whole time - had to take the blame.
(In my defence, I was a werewolf at the time, so my response to the barking felt fairly appropriate)
I remember the woman screaming "STOP AGGRAVATING MY DOG", like it was yesterday.
...aah, fun times. 
Maybe this is why we are not allowed to trick or treat any more. We might just have to settle for a Halloween party (and not the Mean Girls kind!). 
  • You have an excuse to drink hot chocolate every day (not question it, just go with it)
  • Fleecy pajamas and onesies (they are so warm and fuzzy and cuddlyyyy...)
  • You are one step closer to Christmas! (enough said)
  • It gets darker earlier (I don't know, I really like the streets at night and it seems like an excuse to stay in and watch movies)
That's it for today blog post. Post in the comments if you think there's anything I've missed, and tell my your favourite season! I love hearing from people :)

Speak to you soon, 
Lucy x

4 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE Autumn and Winter, I am in no way a Summer person, the only thing I enjoy about Summer is BBQ's and garden parties. Hot chocolate, just reading it is making me want one, guess what I'm having before bed tonight?!
    Dark nights = amazing! Eeeeek far too giddy!!
    Tara x

    http://lovetarababii.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a summer person either, but yeah, BBQs are kinda awesome :D
      Haha :) Dammit, I wish I had some hot chocolate now. That's slightly inconvenient.
      Lucy :3

      Delete
  2. I L-O-V-E fall too! Cannot, and I mean it, wait for fall to come. I can just see the chilly weather, scarfs and colorful leaves. Ahhhhhh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha I think your comment is just my entire post summed up!! :)
      Lucy :3

      Delete