Saturday 28 March 2015

Drama Project - Too Much Punch For Judy

Before I rush off to my friend's house for a sleepover, I thought I would upload an unlisted video to my YouTube channel to give you a sneak peek of what I've been up to at school. 

Basically, we have been doing this play called "Too Much Punch For Judy" about this woman who kills her sister in a car crash due to drink driving (as you can tell, it's pretty serious stuff). We were allowed to interpret this play any way we wanted and present whichever parts of it we wanted in our performance. 

Because this play is set in the 80s, I thought it would be interesting to modernise the play so that the audience would have a stronger connection with the characters, as I wanted them to be pulled into Judy's world, although originally the play was meant to alienate the audience. I suppose I just wanted a bit of a challenge. 

One way I was set on doing this was using YouTube videos. People at my school don't know about my YouTube channel unless they're my close friends, so originally the video diary was on a separate channel that was reserved just for the video diary. However, seeing as I thought it might be interesting for you to see this (and I haven't been able to film any YouTube videos in a while!) I decided to post this on my regular channel. 

The video is unlisted because it is not something I would usually post, so you will only be able to see the video if you have the link.


The first thing that you will probably spot if you watch my YouTube videos is that I have a new camera (WHOOP WHOOP!). I got it for my birthday, although I haven't been able to show you it yet as I have been busy, which sucks. Though now you have an idea of what future YouTube videos are going to look like :)

I have to admit that it's really not the best acting ever. Obviously it is hardly believable as Judy is a grown woman with a proper job and a kid, and I am a 15 year old schoolgirl, but I tried my best. 

You will find that there is a weird little cut in the middle of the video were I have cut out where I say my location, as I really don't want anyone on the internet to figure out where I live.

I have really got to get a move on now because I am writing this while I am halfway through packing to go to my friends house. I am looking forward to writing more blog posts and making more YouTube videos during the Easter holidays, as I have a few ideas that have been waiting in my notepad for me to bring to life. 

I hope you have had a wonderful start to your holiday,
Lucy x

No comments:

Post a Comment