Sunday 21 December 2014

Building up to Christmas!!!!!

As you may be able tell by the amount of exclamation marks included in the title of this blog post, I am quite hyped for Christmas around now - the title actually resembles a writing assessment I did in Year 6 in which I was told off for adding about 10 exclamation marks in one sentence (oops). 

Anyway, back on topic...
CHRISTMAS IS NEARLY HERE! We broke up from school two days ago and I am really feeling the freedom. For once, I might actually have a week without any assessments in.
I have been working on an English assessment for quite a while and finally I have finished - it was hard work, but I think it will be worth it (or I hope it will at least!). I think in the end I wrote about 12 pages, and I have quite small handwriting. It's not the most anyone in the class had written, but I know I put quite a lot of thought into mine. Comparing poems isn't exactly my forte (I prefer story writing), so I doubt I will get anywhere near the score I got on the short story I wrote last term, but I can always hope. 

Today has been a particularly festive day for me, as I have decided to put up my mini Christmas tree that lives in my room every December-February (I am never bothered to take it down, it may as well be a permanent feature). I think I should just keep the tree up all year round and style it differently every season - for instance, I could have Easter chicks on it in spring and cauldrons and sweets on it in Halloween... it would be a lot easier than taking off all the baubles and packing it back into the box at the end of December, anyway.
Here is a picture of my marvelous creation:
I rather stupidly didn't realise before I finished the tree that it looks like Michael Clifford is trying to eat the baubles... I regret nothing.

I don't actually have a fairy or star to hang on top of the tree, so this year I am using a cute wooden key-ring I got from Evolution :)

I'm trying to think up of a name for her, but I haven't got one just yet.

I always seem to run out of places to hang baubles because I have so many, so this time I decided to take advantage of the extras...

I think this is a massive improvement on my 5SOS poster.
Judging by their faces, I am guessing that this is probably the most beautiful Michael and Luke have ever felt!

I didn't expect this blog post to have two 5SOS appearances, but there you go!
Today was a relaxing day, which was great, as I feel like I haven't had one of those in ages. After school on Friday, I went out with some friends for a meal and got back at 9:15, as we ended up surrounded by tipsy teenagers who were about to go clubbing. Security actually asked for an I.D, as apparently we were not allowed to enter a certain part of the building to find the toilets (what). 
Y'know, maybe I have been wrong all along - maybe I shouldn't be allowed to pee until I'm 18(!!).
So yeah, that was weird. At least I'll know next time not to hang around the building for too long!

(Calling the people we saw on Friday "tipsy teenagers" now feels incredibly odd considering I am a teenager, and I cannot imagine myself in that state! Oh well, I suppose I'll get used to that)

Yesterday was also a busy day, as I went to my grandparents' house for a mini-Christmas dinner before the real one - today I just really needed a lie-in! I am one of those people who stays up late and then sleeps until lunch, annoyingly enough. I really wish I was a morning person!!

What are you most looking forward to in the holidays? I just need sleep and time for me to write - those are my priorities :)

Best wishes, 
Lucy x

No comments:

Post a Comment